Ian Walker was born in Fulwood in 1958, and brought up in Ecclesall.
He trained as an engineer and, after a time living in Asia, Europe and London, working for engineering companies, he returned to Sheffield in 1992 to take over the family business, Rotary Electrical – still running today as Rotary Engineering and Rotary Electrical Services, exporting to over 60 countries.
He is married to Kathryn and they have four children.
Passionate about his home town, he has taken on several voluntary roles in business, education and health.
- Thank you for your support
- My message to Sheffield Hallam
- Every Vote Counts
- More evidence of why we’re fighting hard in Sheffield Hallam
- Stop Tesco Taking Over Parkhead
- ‘Time to think about a merger for South Yorkshire Police’
- Lib Dem double standards on tuition fees
- Why we’re fighting hard for Sheffield Hallam. And can win.
- My response to the poll showing Nick Clegg behind in Sheffield Hallam
- Business Monthly – Sheffield Star